We are reading submissions in the following categories:
1,000-3,000 words. Limit one story per submission.
Very Short Fiction:
Fewer than 1000 words. Limit three pieces per submission. Send multiple pieces within the same document.
Fewer than 50 lines per poem. Limit four poems per: submission.
- Send your work via Submittable in one category only.
- Feel free to simultaneously submit. Please withdraw your submission immediately via Submittable upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Add a note to your submission via Submittable when part of your submission is accepted elsewhere or you choose to withdraw a part of your submission for any reason. If your submission shows a status of “withdrawn,” we will consider the submission withdrawn in its entirety.
- Include a 2-3 sentence, third person bio in your cover letter. Cover letter is optional. Include four publication credits or fewer. Your bio may be edited in the interest of brevity.
- Withdraw and resubmit if you make revisions to your work. We will not make revisions after acceptance, other than those we request.
- Submit for a period of at least two months following a response. We receive many submissions and do not plan to charge to submit, but will have to close to submissions periodically due to volume if we do not put a limitation on number of submissions one may make. We hate to do this. We really hate it, but appreciate your compliance.
- Submit for at least three issues after your work has appeared in Corium in any category. Our contributors will always have a warm place in our hearts, and we will be thrilled to see more of your work in the future.
- Contact Lauren Becker at lbecker (at) coriummagazine (dot) com with all other Corium-related business. Do not send submissions to this email address. They will be deleted.
- It remains our policy (as of September 21, 2010) not to decline anyone’s submission on his/her birthday (per an unfortunate incident that occurred on September 21, 2010). Feel free to let us know your birthday with your submission. We want you to have a good one.
- We are not able to pay and do not expect to be at any time. We wish we could.
- Submissions are generally open, though we may close for brief periods.
- We aim to respond within one to two months. Given the the number of submissions we receive, responses may take a little longer.
- Work that does not use standard formatting will not be considered without inclusion of an HTML/CSS/Wordpress-friendly version, or will appear in left-justified format.
Corium retains first North American serial rights and online serial rights for accepted work. All rights revert to the writer upon publication. All published work will be immortalized in our archives.